Monday, March 12, 2007

Temptation Getting the Better of Me

It's almost midnite, and I'm the only one awake in the house. Ever notice how gear lust seems to hit late at night? I swear, it's like a seven-year itch for me.

Not that I would ever, ever experience the real thing. (Hi, honey!)

Anyone here own a Canon G7? (For the unfamiliar, here is DPReview's take.)

I played with one up in Rhode Island, right in full view of the Nikon guys across the aisle. Felt guilty, but I did it anyway. Oooh, it was nice.

Ten megapixels, feels kinda like a Leica (or at least a Contax - couple of nicely clicking dials up top...) vibration reduction, hot shoe (for my PW's of course) huge screen, 35/2.8 equiv that zooms to a 200 and a real nice chip.

Getting woozy just thinking about it.

Anyone here using one of these things? They are less than $500 street, and I am thinking about pulling the trigger. I'd have to have it shipped to the office of course.

Somebody talk me out of (or into) it in the comments...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More